Bariumsulfate (BaSO4) Coating OPRC
Based on high-purity barium sulphate BaSO4, we produce a ready-to-use white reflective coating. We offer this optical white in various containers depending on the size of the surface to be coated.
This liquid is normally sprayed onto the carrier to be coated. We also offer the complete sprayer with container. However, this kit is recommended only for smaller to medium-sized surfaces.
- Diffusive reflecting coatings in the wavelength range from 300nm to 1.300nm
- Straightforward, optical coating on metal, plastic and glass substrates
- Coating with no expensive accessories
When is a coating with OPRC used? The diffusive reflecting properties of different surfaces, e.g. such as one integrating sphere, are conventio- nally realised in barium sulphate BaSO4. The consideration of whether BaSO4 is “adequate” for your res- pective purpose or whether you should revert to OptoPolymer is determined by your respective application. For optical applications in the visible wavelength range, our white reflective OPRC coating offers an ideal option. Its reflectivity in the range from approx. 300 to 1.300 nm is 95 – 98%. Thermal stability is guaranteed up to approx. 60 °C.
In combination with our sprayer and glass container, we enable you to realise high-quality optical diffusive reflecting surfaces in a cost-effective way with very little effort.
- Effective spectral wavelength range: 300 – 1.300 nm
- Reflectivity: 95 – 98 %
- Thermal stability: Approx. 60 °C
Application Information Our OPRC coating is used wherever a highly diffusive reflecting surface is required. This may be metal, glass or plastic. Befo- re treatment, these surfaces must be free of fats, oils or other residues. Surfaces that are not to be coated must be covered. Subsequent removal of the coating is almost impossible. The finished coating comprises several layers, each of which is ap- plied very thinly. A total thickness of around 0.5 mm is recom- mended. Increasing the coating thickness will not necessarily increase reflection.
Order References for our Ready-Made Barium Sulphate Coating as a Container.
Specifications of the Spray Combination „OPSP“ and „OPGL“
- Glass container: Can be filled to max. 170 ml
- Spray pressure: 4,4 bar constant
- Propellant gas cartridge: 97 g, of which 58 g propellant gas
Weight: 21,5% propane, 28,5% isobutane, 50% dimethyl ether
Disposal: In normal refuse. The sprayer is empty and has no paint residuesreste.
The propellant gas is flammable. The sprayer cannot be refilled.
Handling the Spray Combination
- Pour the liquid into the glass. The viscosity is correct if the liquid flows out without flaking and without becoming ropey.
- Insert the suction tube into the cartridge base.
- Screw the cartridge onto the glass.
- Turn the spray button so it points in the same direction as the notch in the plastic cartridge base (because of the forced ventilation required).
- Press the spray button, spray.
- Spray distance between 15 and 25 cm.
Unscrew the cartridge and spray through thinner until the spray jet is clean.
- Leave the liquid in the glass and seal with a screw cap.
- Store in a dark place if possible. Do not expose to sunshine.
- The coating has a limited shelf lif